Session Law 2011-398 (Senate Bill 781) created requirements for agencies in the rule-making process per General Statute 150B-19.1. Section (c) of the statute states:
(c) Each agency subject to this Article shall post on its Web site when the agency submits the notice of text for publication in accordance with G.S. 150B-21.2 all of the following:
(1) The text of a proposed rule.
(2) An explanation of the proposed rule and the reason for the proposed rule.
(3) The federal certification required by subsection (g) of this section.
(4) Instructions on how and where to submit oral or written comments on the proposed rule.
(5) Any fiscal note that has been prepared for the proposed rule.
The agency shall maintain the information in a searchable database and shall periodically update this online information to reflect changes in the proposed rule or the fiscal note prior to adoption.
To submit comments on proposed rules or for questions on NC Department of Transportation rule-making please Contact Us.
To be added to the NC Department of Transportation Rules Interested Parties please click here.
Other links of interest:
Proposed and Adopted Permanent and Temporary Rules
Please click here for Proposed Permanent Rules - 19A NCAC 02D.0531, .0532 - Ferry Tolls.
Please click here for Adopted Permanent Rules - 19A NCAC 02D.0531, .0532 - Ferry Tolls.