If you're an employer or human resources professional, we've compiled a list of online resources to help you develop and implement a flexible work program into your organization.
We’ve included some important tools and resources to help you share information with your employees and communities. Check back often, as we will update this page as new information becomes available.
Interested in learning more about offering different commuting options with your employees?
- GoTriangle can provide tools, materials, and information to continue or expand employee commuting options. Contact Kim Johnson at 919-785-7477 or email@example.com for more information.
- CommuteSmartRaleigh has resources and information to encourage the use of alternatives such as transit, carpooling, vanpooling, bicycling, walking, teleworking and alternative work schedules.
- GoPass is available for free or at discounted prices for eligible employees, including some state workers working in Wake County. For information on how to provide GoPass for your employees, contact Kim Johnson at 919-785-7477 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flexible work schedules and teleworking options offer significant benefits:
- Increased employee morale
- Fewer absences
- Better flow of commuter traffic
- More efficient use of office space and equipment
These benefits extend beyond employees; employers and surrounding communities reap the rewards, too. Many Triangle area employers have long embraced these strategies into the company culture. Community Relations leader at Cisco Systems, Christina O’Neill, tells us that many of her peers work outside the office at least one day a week. As a leader in virtual and global information technology, “flexibility is a part of the culture at Cisco,” O’Neill said. For example, many employees leverage flexible schedules to accommodate meetings with team members and customers in different time zones around the world.
Alternate work schedules and telecommuting options are quickly becoming the norm in today’s workplaces, as the global market continues to grow and thrive.