Lane Closures Scheduled through Next Week on Triangle Expressway
Posted 5/20/2013 1:47:37 PM
RALEIGH —During the remainder of this week, weather permitting, crews will close one lane of the Triangle Expressway on N.C. 147 as crews perform routine inspections of tolling equipment on the bridges over Burdens Creek and Davis Drive.
The closures will take place between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. as follows:
• Tuesday, May 21: N.C. 147 North at Burdens Creek;
• Wednesday, May 22: N.C. 147 South and Burdens Creek;
• Thursday, May 23: N.C. 147 South at Davis Drive; and
• Friday, May 24: N.C. 147 North at Davis Drive.
In addition, temporary lane closures will take place to allow crews to clean and adjust cameras and inspect tolling equipment to ensure it is functioning properly. This work is part of routine upkeep of the tolling equipment.
These lane closures will take place each night from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. as follows:
• Wednesday, May 22: One lane of Hopson Road ramp to N.C. 147 North;
• Monday, May 27: One lane of N.C. 147 South ramp to N.C. 540 West; and
• Tuesday, May 28: One lane of N.C. 540 East ramp to N.C. 147 North.
At least one lane will remain open each night.
For information about the Triangle Expressway, North Carolina's first modern toll road, visit www.ncturnpike.org/projects/Triangle_Expressway. NCDOT reminds motorists to watch signs for construction information, stay alert and obey the posted speed limit.
For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit www.ncdot.gov/travel or follow NCDOT on Twitter. Another option is NCDOT Mobile, a phone-friendly version of the NCDOT website. To access it, type "m.ncdot.gov" into the browser of your smartphone and bookmark it for future reference. NCDOT Mobile is compatible with the iPhone, Android and some newer Blackberry phones.
View on NCDOT.gov