This project involves constructing a new highway bridge carrying McLeansville Road over the North Carolina Railroad (NCRR) tracks in Guilford County. Previously, three roads crossed over the mainline track and siding track, and trains had to wait in the siding for more than an hour for other trains to pass. At times, the waiting train blocked all three railroad crossings.
The new bridge will reduce the risk of automobile/train collisions, improve safety for automobile and rail passengers, and reduce automobile and train traffic congestion. This project is among improvements to the NCRR corridor between Raleigh and Charlotte to increase railroad capacity, efficiency, and safety.
News and Updates
- Contract awarded in October 2014.
- Project is currently under construction.
- Proposed project completion date is February 2017.
- Currently, no recent news releases.
- Replace the railroad crossing at McLeansville Road with a bridge carrying McLeansville Road over the NCRR tracks.
- Close the railroad crossing at Carmon Road with the NCRR tracks.
- Close the Bullard and Black private railroad crossing.
- Provide new access from Bethel Church Road to McLeansville Road.
Paul Ingram, P.E.
- Email: Contact Us
- Phone: (336) 487-0150
- Address: 1584 Yanceyville Street, Greensboro, NC 27415
Resources for Local Property Owners
In many cases, it is inevitable that a certain amount of private property must be acquired. The displacement of homes and businesses is minimized to the extent practicable. The following brochures will answer questions about this process.