This project involves constructing a new highway bridge carrying Turner Road over the North Carolina Railroad (NCRR) tracks in Davidson County. The new bridge will reduce the risk of automobile/train collisions, improve safety for automobile and rail passengers, and reduce automobile and train traffic congestion.
This project is part of a series of improvements to the railroad between Thomasville and Lexington. This section of the NCRR is part of the busiest railroad corridor in North Carolina.
The project is among improvements to the NCRR corridor between Raleigh and Charlotte in order to increase railroad capacity, efficiency, and safety.
News and Updates
- This project was advertised and bid with contract awarded in April 2013.
- Project is currently under construction.
- Proposed project completion date is October 2015.
- Currently, no recent news releases.
Dale L. Swicegood, PE
- Email: Contact Us
- Phone: (336) 249-6255
- Address: 452 Central Avenue, Lexington, NC 27292
Resources for Local Property Owners
In many cases, it is inevitable that a certain amount of private property must be acquired. The displacement of homes and businesses is minimized to the extent practicable. The following brochures will answer questions about this process.