This project involves reconstructing the existing railroad tracks south of the Linwood Railroad Yard and north of the bridge over the Yadkin River along the North Carolina Railroad (NCRR) corridor in Davidson County. This will improve train speeds, increasing train capacity and reliability and decreasing travel time between Raleigh and Charlotte.
This section of the NCRR is part of the busiest railroad corridor in North Carolina. This project is among improvements to NCRR corridor between Raleigh and Charlotte to increase railroad capacity, efficiency, and safety.
News and Updates
- This project was advertised and bid with Contract Awarded in June 2013.
- This project is currently under construction.
- Proposed project completion date is November 2014.
- Currently, no recent news releases.
- Reconstruct tracks on new alignments to improve curve speeds, geometry and alignment with the switches for Linwood Railroad Yard.
Kelly Seitz, PE
- Email: Contact Us
- Phone: (704) 639-7567
- Address: 4770 S. Main St., Salisbury, NC 28417
Resources for Local Property Owners
In many cases, it is inevitable that a certain amount of private property must be acquired. The displacement of homes and businesses is minimized to the extent practicable. The following brochures will answer questions about this process.