This project involves constructing a new railroad bridge carrying the North Carolina Railroad (NCRR) tracks over Morrisville Parkway in Wake County in order to reduce the risk of automobile/train collisions, improve safety for automobile and rail passengers, and reduce automobile and train traffic congestion.
This project is among improvements to the NCRR corridor between Raleigh and Charlotte to increase railroad capacity, efficiency, and safety.
News and Updates
- Contract anticipated to be awarded in January 2014.
- Project is currently under construction.
- Proposed project completion date is May 2017.
- Currently, no recent news releases.
- Replace the railroad crossing at Morrisville Parkway with a bridge carrying NCRR tracks over Morrisville Parkway.
- Re-align railroad curves from Cary Parkway to Crabtree Creek to facilitate the new bridge construction. This will improve track speeds and reduce travel times between Raleigh and Charlotte.
Michelle Gaddy, PE
- Email: Contact Us
- Phone: (919) 840-0914
- Address: 9628 Lumley Rd., Morrisville, NC 27560
Resources for Local Property Owners
In many cases, it is inevitable that a certain amount of private property must be acquired. The displacement of homes and businesses is minimized to the extent practicable. The following brochures will answer questions about this process.