This project involves constructing a new highway bridge carrying Peeler Road over the North Carolina Railroad (NCRR) tracks in Rowan County in order to reduce the risk of automobile/train collisions, improve safety for automobile and rail passengers, and reduce automobile and train traffic congestion.
This project is part of a series of improvements to the NCRR railroad corridor between Salisbury and Kannapolis, one of the busiest sections of railroad in North Carolina. The project is among improvements to the NCRR corridor between Raleigh and Charlotte to increase railroad capacity, efficiency, and safety.
News and Updates
- This project was advertised and bid with contract awarded in April 2013.
- Project is currently under construction.
- Proposed project completion date is November 2015.
- Currently, no recent news releases.
- Replace the railroad crossing at Peeler Road with a bridge carrying Peeler Road over the NCRR tracks and U.S. 29.
- Close the railroad crossing at Peach Orchard Road with the NCRR tracks.
- Provide roadway improvements to Hader Street and extend Hader Street to relocated Peeler Road.
- Provide ramp access to/from Cedar Springs Road and Peeler Road to U.S. 29.
- Close the Reid Farm Drive private railroad crossing via new secondary road to Peach Orchard Road.
Kelly Seitz, PE
- Email: Contact Us
- Phone: (704) 639-7567
- Address: 4770 S. Main St., Salisbury, NC 28417
Resources for Local Property Owners
In many cases, it is inevitable that a certain amount of private property must be acquired. The displacement of homes and businesses is minimized to the extent practicable. The following brochures will answer questions about this process.