This is an archived projects website. Because the site is no longer updated, the contact information and other materials may not be current.
The four-lane, divided highway will be constructed to relieve congestion on existing U.S. 70 and provide motorists traveling to
Raleigh or to the coast with an alternate route. Motorists traveling
to I-40 through Clayton will have a faster less congested route.
- It will be a new four-lane, divided Highway.
- There will be access points at interchanges including I-40, N.C. 42, Ranch Road and the
U.S. 70/U.S. 70 Business Split.
- The new road will include 22 new bridges.
- Once it is constructed, existing U.S. 70 will become U.S. 70 Business.
- The 10.7-mile highway stretches from I-40 at mile marker 310 in Wake County to the U.S. 70/U.S. 70 Business split in Johnston County.
Resident Engineer, Corey McLamb, PE
- email:Contact Us
- ph:(252) 237-6164
- Resident Engineer's Office - Wilson
PO Box 3165