This is an archived projects website. Because the site is no longer updated, the contact information and other materials may not be current.
This project is necessary to complete the four-lane, median divided Wake Forest Bypass. The work is being picked up just west of the U.S. 1 interchange and will connect to N.C. 98 just west of Thompson Mill Road.
News and Updates
Work on the N.C. 98 Wake Forest Bypass is currently under way. The 1.55-mile section, located in Wake County, will be complete in August 2010.
Project Overview and Purpose
The project will improve traffic flow and service, improve safety, and reduce conflicts between through traffic and local traffic along N.C. 98.
Listed below are general highlights regarding the project. For more details regarding traffic and construction on specific streets check out our Construction Fact Sheet.
- This project is 1.55 miles in length.
- Work involving lane closures, narrowing lanes, and/or stopping traffic will not be permitted between 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- This project will include a re-alignment of Falls of the Neuse Rd and Old N.C. 98.
- A new intersection will be constructed with Old N.C. 98.
- This project will tie in with N.C. 98 just west of Thompson Mill Rd.
Boyd Tharrington, P.E.
- Email: Contact Us
- Phone: (919) 562-7000
- Address: PO Box 1018, 5221-A NC 96 Hwy. W., Youngsville, NC 27596
Resources for Local Property Owners
In many cases, it is inevitable that a certain amount of private property must be acquired. The displacement of homes and businesses is minimized to the extent practicable. The following brochures will answer questions about this process.