Turnpike Authority Projects
The Turnpike Authority is authorized to study, plan, develop, construct, operate and maintain up to nine projects, including:
To be selected for consideration as a toll road, projects must meet certain criteria:
- Roadway type - The road must have full control of access.
- Project location - The road must have a "free" alternate route.
- Project feasibility - The road must have a high probability of being able to start construction within a reasonable time frame.
- Local support - The road should have demonstrated local support or a reasonable expectation of support for development as a toll facility.
- Financial feasibility - The road should be deemed to be financially feasible using available data and commercially reasonable assumptions.
- Statewide or regional significance - Special consideration should be given to those projects that would play a significant role in the statewide or regional highway system or serve major economic generators.
- Toll Related Questions & Customer Service Center, call 1-877-7MY-PASS (1-877-769-7277) or email TollQuestions@ncdot.gov.
- General inquiries, call (919) 707-2700.
- Members of the media, call NCDOT Communications Office at (919) 707-2660.
- Project-specific inquiries, send email to:
- Address: NC Turnpike Authority
1578 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1578
- Address: 1 South Wilmington Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
- Phone: (919) 707-2700
- Fax: (919) 715-5511