Proposed Rule – 19A NCAC 06D .0203
Link to the North Carolina Register on the Office of Administrative Hearings website.
The text of the proposed rules (see linked PDFs):
Notice of Text
An explanation of the proposed rules and the reason for the proposed rules:
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, Periodic Review and Expiration of Existing Rules, all rules are reviewed at least every 10 years or they shall expire. As a result of the periodic review of Subchapter 19A NCAC 06C, this rule was determined as "Necessary With Substantive Public Interest" thus necessitating readoption. Upon review for the readoption process, the agency deemed the rule to be unnecessary and is recommending repeal.
- The rule "Designing for Bicycles and Bikeways" has been in effect since 1979; all rules are reviewed at least every 10 years.
- While conducting its latest review, the N.C. Department of Transportation determined the rule is unnecessary as the department is required to follow the design criteria in federal and state requirements for designing for bicycles and by its Complete Streets policy.
A public hearing is scheduled for:
Date: Monday, October 16, 2017
Time: 3 p.m.
Location: Transportation Mobility and Safety
Conference Room 161
750 N. Greenfield Parkway
Garner, NC 27529
Public Hearing Handout
Instructions on submitting oral or written comments on the proposed rules:
The public comment period begins Sept. 15, 2017 and ends Nov. 14, 2017.
The public comment period is closed.
Written comments may be submitted:
- By calling (919) 707-2800 and asking for the rule making coordinator
- By faxing to: (919) 733-9150
- By mailing to:
N.C. Department of Transportation
ATTN: Rule Making Coordinator
1501 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1501
Not applicable to this package of proposed rules:
- Federal Certification
- Fiscal Note/Economic Analysis