More Than Building Roads
For all temporary positions for NCDOT, visit Temporary Solutions.
We do so much more than build and maintain roads, register vehicles and license drivers. Our employees have a wide range of diverse skills and abilities, and work together to connect people and places in North Carolina in many ways.
Search for Jobs
To search for a job with NCDOT (or any North Carolina state agency):
- Visit the North Carolina Office of State Human Resources (OSHR) job search page at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/northcarolina/default.cfm.
- Scroll down to the Search Criteria boxes.
- In the first box, select as many job categories as you’d like.
- In the second box, choose the location(s) by county.
- In the third box, choose "Dept of Transportation" and/or any other North Carolina state agency.
- Add any keywords you think might help in the search.
- Click on Apply Search.
The results of your search will appear at the bottom of the page.
If you find a job you’re interested in, you can apply directly on the job description page, but first, you need to:
Create an Account
- Visit the North Carolina Office of State Human Resources (OSHR) job search page at
- Click on Create an Account.
- You will be prompted to supply your name, email address, choose a password and answer a question, which is used to prevent malicious bots.
Even if you don’t find a job opening to apply to right away, creating an account ahead of time will make the process faster when you do.
Apply for a Job
Watch this video on the E-Recruit online application process.