Important - Please Read

By continuing with this transaction, I certify and affirm that the information submitted is my own. I understand that it is a felony violation of North Carolina law, NC G.S. 20-30, to knowingly submit false or fictitious information in any application for a License, Learner Permit, or ID Card, and a violation of Federal Law to have the false or fictitious document delivered by the United States Postal Service.

Your Personal Information

I hereby acknowledge that I have made all necessary corrections to my personal information. I understand that any additional corrections or changes that are required after this transaction has been completed may result in additional fees.

Offender Registration (N.C. General Statute § 14-208.7)

I hereby acknowledge that the Division of Motor Vehicles has notified me through this statement that, pursuant to N.C. General Statute § 14-208.7, any person who has been convicted in any state of an offense against a minor or a sexually violent offense as defined in N.C. General Statute § 14-208.6 is required to register with the sheriff of the county where the person resides within 10 days of establishing residence in this state, or whenever the person has been present in this state for 15 days, whichever comes first. I certify, under penalty of perjury, that I understand my requirement to register if I have been convicted of an offense that requires registration as a sex offender.

Regarding Multiple Driver License (N.C. G.S. § 20-30)

It is a violation of N.C. General Statute 20-30 to possess more than one commercial driver license or to possess a CDL & a regular (classified) driver license at the same time.

Address Change (N.C. General Statute § 20-7.1)

N.C. General Statute § 20-7.1 requires a person to obtain a duplicate License or Learner Permit within 60 days after the person has a change of address. Failure to do so may result in a citation.

Selective Service

If you are a male, 18 to 25 years of age, by continuing this process, you are consenting to having your information sent to the Selective Service System for selective service registration.

Voter Registration

DMV would like to help you apply for or update your voter registration information. To change your voter registration address, you may visit the State Board of Elections website to download the voter registration update form. You should complete the form and mail it to your county board of elections office. If you do not have access to a printer, please contact your county board of elections office to receive the necessary form to update your address. Click here to visit the State Board of Elections website.