MyDMV allows you, a North Carolina citizen, to view your personal license, vehicle information and perform transactions securely online, without ever having to leave your home.
Your privacy and security is our highest priority. We are consistently working to keep the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles’ Online Services one of most secure websites on the Internet. Here are just a few things we are doing to help protect your personal information:
- Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software encrypts all your personal information, keeping it away from prying eyes.
- None of your credit card information is stored in any way by NCDMV.
Beyond these and other security measures, we verify that you are accessing your information – and not someone else – by entering the following credentials:
- Driver license or identification number
- Any of the following:
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security number OR
- Your I-94 Proof of Legal Entry number OR
- Your alien registration number
- The month, day and year of your birthday
When accessing other DMV Web applications, we currently require you to log in to each one by entering the necessary credentials and accepting the terms and conditions for that particular application.
We are continuing to enhance MyDMV with a single sign-on feature arriving in the fall of 2015. With single sign-on, you will have access to all DMV Web applications by logging in to MyDMV, and you have access to all Web applications without having to sign in to each application.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY FOR USERS OF NCDOT.GOV
This application uses attribute-based log-in for authentication and authorization. Logging in to this application indicates your agreement to abide by the following:
- You shall use this application only for individual purposes directly related to your NCDMV information. The application shall not be used for nonpublic purposes including, but not limited to, the pursuit of personal activities, the mass distribution of unsolicited messages ("spamming"), and the promotion of commercial ventures or religious or political causes.
- You shall not engage in activities that may cause interference with or disruption to any network, information service, equipment or user thereof.
- You shall comply with all applicable confidentiality and security requirements as set forth in any applicable acceptable use policies or terms of service implemented through this application. You shall not seek information on other users or attempt to obtain access to, copy or modify other users' files without expressed permission.
- You shall not violate the rights of any person or entity protected by copyright, trade secret, patent, or other similar laws or regulations.
- You shall not use this application for any fraudulent or illegal purpose, including, but not limited to, the transmission of obscene or harassing materials.
- You must report any abuse or misuse of this application to NCDMV by calling 919-715-7000 or sending an email via the website of the North Carolina Department of Transportation. You shall cooperate fully in any investigation into any such abuse or misuse.
- You understand and agree that the State of North Carolina reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this Acceptable Use Policy or other related policies and agreements at any time in any manner. Notice of any revisions, amendments or modifications will be posted on this and other sites.