You must maintain a "good" or better on your performance management evaluation and not be under disciplinary action of any type. An employee with two unresolved written warnings within the last 18 months should not receive skill blocks. If there is only one active unresolved written warning, the employee is eligible to receive the skill based pay increase as long as the employee has a performance rating of Good, Very Good or Outstanding. In addition:
- you must have a good attendance record
- you must have a good safety record
- you must satisfactorily complete any prerequisite courses or training
- your training will be limited to that training applicable to your work unit
- your training will not interfere with the overall production of your work unit
- a need for the skill must exist or is forecast to exist within the unit before you are trained on that particular skill block.