Flex Schedules and Telework
Alternate work schedules and telecommuting options are quickly becoming the norm in today’s workplaces, as the global market continues to grow and thrive. Providing your employees with flexible work schedules and teleworking options offer significant benefits:
- Increased employee morale
- Fewer absences
- More efficient use of office space
- Improved commuter traffic
Local employers, such as Cisco Systems, have embraced these strategies and make them part of the company's culture. For example, many Cisco employees use flexible schedules to accommodate meetings with co-workers and customers in time zones across the world.
More Commuting Resources
- GoSmart (formerly GoTriangle) offers tools and materials for employee commuting options. Contact Kim Johnson at (919) 785-7477 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- CommuteSmartRaleigh has resources and information to encourage the use of commuting alternatives: transit, carpool/vanpool, bicycling, walking, teleworking and alternative work schedules.