Benefits of Public Transportation
- Make the most of your time. By riding instead of driving, you can do work, catch up on email or get your holiday shopping done ahead of time.
- Better health. Taking public transit not only relieves stress, but studies show transit riders on average get roughly 19 minutes of additional physical activity a day just by walking to stops and destinations.
- Save money. Fill up your vehicle's gas tank less often. That means more money in your pocket.
Public Transportation Options
- Daily express bus service between downtown Raleigh and the following areas:
- Johnston County (JCX)
- Fuquay-Varina (FRX)
- Cary (300X)
- South Cary (CTX)
- Clayton (CLX)
- Designated park-and-ride lots for public transit commuters
- Additional vanpool service from Johnston County
- Bus on Shoulder System (BOSS) on I-40 from Raleigh to N.C. 42 (Exit 312)
Eligible state employees who work in Wake County can receive a GoPass to use until the Fortify Project is complete.
ShareTheRideNC matches you and your commute to existing carpool and vanpool options and provides information to help you get started with ride sharing in your area.
Emergency Ride Home
Worried about emergencies? You'll never be stuck at work when the unexpected arises. ShareTheRideNC's Emergency Ride Home is free but you must register first.