For the 2019 Aviation Art Contest, participants were asked to create original artworks inspired by the theme "My Dream to Fly."
The state competition drew 2,793 entries from students representing 250 hometowns and 243 schools in 67 counties. Since 2015, 5,816 students have submitted artwork to the division.
Entries were divided into three age groups. The top three entries in each age group advanced to the national competition by the
National Association of State Aviation Officials in Washington, D.C.
- First Place: Srinika Lingidi, Mills Park Elementary School, Cary
- Second Place: Abigail Santiago, Berean Baptist Academy, Fayetteville
- Third Place: Jessica H. Wu, Davis Drive Elementary School, Cary
- First Place: Kailyn Becker, Lufkin Road Middle School, Apex
- Second Place: Eve Bennett, Kiser Middle School, Greensboro
- Third Place: Madeline Grimmius, Pine Lake Preparatory, Mooresville
- First Place: Hyunmin Ra, Berean Baptist Academy, Fayetteville
- Second Place: Haley Carter, Massey Hill Classical High School, Fayetteville
- Third Place: Jesus Mena, Central Middle School, Dobson