Two contracts cover 49.7 miles countywide
CHARLOTTE -The N.C. Department of Transportation will begin one of two resurfacing contracts in Mecklenburg County Monday, Oct. 31, weather permitting.
Two contracts totaling $13.8 million were awarded to Ferebee Corporation of Charlotte in September for milling, resurfacing and shoulder reconstruction of 25.7 miles of primary roads, and 24 miles of secondary roads in Mecklenburg County. The contractor plans to begin work on the secondary roads first, including the following;
- 1 mile of Youngblood Road from the pavement joint to Zoar Road;
- 0.3 miles of Alexanderana Road from I-485 to Mount Holly-Huntersville Road;
- 2.4 miles of McIlwain Road from McCoy Road to Beatties Ford Road;
- 1.3 miles of Bud Henderson Road from Carrington Ridge to Gilead Road;
- 2 miles of Tom Short Road from Ballantyne Commons Parkway to Ardrey Kell Road;
- 1.9 miles of Idlewild Road from the Union County line to Matthews-Mint Hill Road;
- 2.2 miles of Rea Road from Ballantyne Commons Parkway to N.C. 51;
- 1.4 miles of Lancaster Highway from Ballantyne Commons Parkway to Johnston Road;
- 0.8 miles of Park Road from N.C. 51 to Johnston Road;
- 0.6 miles of Sugar Creek Road from the I-85 bridge to Dutchess Street;
- 0.6 miles of East Morehead Street from McDowell Street to Kings Drive;
- 0.9 miles of Bellhaven Boulevard from Brookshire Boulevard to Valleydale Road;
- 0.6 miles of Queen City Boulevard from Mulberry Church Road to 0.4 miles north of Mulberry Church Road;
- 1.1 miles of The Plaza from Harris Boulevard to Milton Road;
- 2.5 miles of Grey Road from Davidson-Concord Road to the Iredell County line;
- 2 miles of Monroe Road from Sardis Road to N.C. 51, and from McAlpine Creek to Sardis Road; and
- 2.2 miles of Davidson-Concord Road from the roundabout pavement joint to Sam Furr Road.
The contractor will start work on the primary roads in the spring. The scheduled completion for both contracts is June 30, 2012. The contractor is permitted to work on some roads from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., or from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday through Friday. Weekend work may also be possible.
NCDOT reminds motorists to stay alert and obey the posted speed limit
For more information, please contact the resident engineer at (704) 847-5015.