RALEIGH - N.C. Department of Transportation
Secretary Gene Conti has awarded a contract for resurfacing on several sections of U.S. 13, U.S. 70 and N.C. 581 throughout Wayne County totaling 10.2 miles. The $1.5 million contract was awarded to S.T. Wooten Corp. of Wilson. Work can begin as early as March 16, with final completion scheduled for no later than Dec. 1. The following sections of road will be resurfaced:
- U.S. 13:
- From Bentonville Road to King Road;
- From Providence Church Road to Gainey Drive;
- From Old Mount Olive Road to 500 feet south of Five Points Road in both directions; and
- From I-795 to the southern Goldsboro city limit in both directions.
- U.S. 70 from Lake Wackena Road to Beston Road in both directions.
This is one of 30 contracts totaling $82.6 million awarded by Conti this month for highway and bridge projects across North Carolina. NCDOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The contracts awarded came in about 8 percent, or about $7.2 million, below NCDOT estimates. For more information about funding for infrastructure improvements in North Carolina, as well as other NCDOT projects and activities, visit www.ncdot.gov.
- N.C. 581:
- From N.C. 111 west to the bridge .81 miles away; and
- From southeast of Arrington Bridge Road to U.S. 13.