- N.C. Department of Transportation
Secretary Gene Conti has awarded a contract to resurface 15 miles of roadway in Orange County. The $1.6 million contract was awarded to Carolina Sunrock LLC of Raleigh. Work can begin as early as June 25 and is scheduled to be completed by Nov. 16.The following roadways will be resurfaced:
This is one of 30 contracts totaling $109.3 million awarded by Conti for highway and bridge projects across North Carolina. NCDOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The bids received on the projects awarded came in about 3.9 percent, or $4.4 million, below NCDOT estimates. Since Gov. Bev Perdue took office in January of 2009, NCDOT has awarded 631 highway contracts totaling $4.3 billion to ensure that all North Carolinians have access to jobs and educational opportunities.Gov. Bev Perdue's proposed budget continues to support enhancing or expanding our transportation infrastructure. In doing so, Gov. Perdue continues to support immediate jobs in the construction sector and the goal of ensuring that our transportation network facilitates access to jobs, education and healthcare for the future.
- A 1.8-mile section of Frazier Road from Buckhorn Road to Lebanon Road;
- A 3.5-mile section of Hawkins Road from Walnut Grove Church Road to N.C 86;
- A 2.6-mile section of Phelps Road from N.C. 86 to N.C. 57;
- A .2-mile section of Holman Drive from N.C. 86 to end of maintenance;
- A 1.3-mile section of University Station Road from Old N.C. 10 to U.S. 70;
- A .8-mile section of Mt. Herman Church Road from U.S. 70 to Old N.C. 10;
- A 2.3-mile section of Mt. Sinai Road from Murphey School Road to the Durham County line;
- A .9-mile section of Estes Drive from Seawell School Road to just east of Greensboro Street; and
- A 1.5-mile section of Damascus Church Road from Meacham Road to Jones Ferry Road.