- N.C. Department of Transportation
Secretary Gene Conti has awarded a contract to resurface 12 miles of roadway in Rockingham County. The $1.7 million contract was awarded to the Thompson-Arthur Division of APAC-Atlantic Inc. of Greensboro. Work can begin as early as July 30 and is scheduled to be completed by Nov. 9.The following roadways will be resurfaced:
This is one of 23 contracts totaling $246.7 million awarded by Conti for highway and bridge projects across North Carolina. NCDOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The bids received on the projects awarded came in about 5.9 percent, or $15.4 million, below NCDOT estimates. Gov. Bev Perdue's proposed budget continues to support an enhancing or expanding our transportation infrastructure. In doing so, Gov. Perdue continues to support immediate jobs in the construction sector and the goal of ensuring that our transportation network facilitates access to jobs, education and healthcare for the future.Since Gov. Perdue took office in January of 2009, NCDOT has awarded 654 highway contracts totaling $4.5 billion to ensure that all North Carolinians have access to jobs and educational opportunities.
- A 4.1-mile section of N.C. 65 from N.C. 704 to N.C.87;
- A 1.2-mile section of Grooms Road from Holiday Loop to Knowles Road;
- A .4-mile section of Rockingham Drive from Barnes Street to end of maintenance;
- A 1.1-mile section of Reid School Road from Vance Street to U.S. 158;
- A 1.4-mile section of Strawberry Road from Berrymore Road to Harrison Crossroads;
- A 1-mile section of Anderson Road from Ashley Loop to Bethlehem Church Road;
- A .6-mile section of Dan River Church Road from Longhook Road to Hamilton Street;
- A 1.7-mile section of Virginia Street from Aiken Road to the Virginia state line; and
- A .4-mile section of Round House Road from Friendly Road to end of maintenance.