- N.C. Department of Transportation
Secretary Gene Conti has awarded a $2.2 million contract to Lanford Brothers Company Inc. of Roanoke, Va. to resurface the decks of seven bridges on Wendover Avenue in Guilford County. The work can start as early as March 1, with final completion set for Nov. 15. The Wendover Avenue bridge decks designated for resurfacing include:
This is one of 39 contracts totaling $203.2 million awarded by Conti for highway and bridge projects across North Carolina. NCDOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The bids received on the projects awarded came in about 2.9 percent, or about $6.2 million, below NCDOT estimates. Since Gov. Bev Perdue took office in January of 2009, NCDOT has awarded 511 highway contracts totaling $3.8 billion to ensure that all North Carolinians have access to jobs and educational opportunities.
- The bridge across Holden Road;
- The bridge across West Market Street;
- The bridge across Friendly Avenue;
- The bridge over Yanceyville Street;
- The bridge across the Southern Railroad;
- The bridge across Elm Street; and
- The bridge across North Buffaloe Creek.