RALEIGH - N.C. Department of Transportation
Secretary Gene Conti has awarded a contract for resurfacing on several sections of U.S. 301, U.S. 70 Business, N.C. 96, N.C. 210 and U.S. 701 throughout Johnston County totaling 16.3 miles. The $2.2 million contract was awarded to S.T. Wooten Corp. of Wilson. Work can begin as early as March 16, with final completion scheduled for no later than Dec. 1. The following sections of road will be resurfaced:
- U.S. 301:
- From N.C. 222 to the Wilson County Line; and
- From North Street to the I-95 bridge.
- U.S. 70 Business from U.S. 301 to the intersection with Front Street.
- N.C. 96 from N.C. 50 to Johnson Road.
- N.C. 210 from the Harnett County line to the N.C. 50 intersection.
This is one of 30 contracts totaling $82.6 million awarded by Conti this month for highway and bridge projects across North Carolina. NCDOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The contracts awarded came in about 8 percent, or about $7.2 million, below NCDOT estimates. For more information about funding for infrastructure improvements in North Carolina, as well as other NCDOT projects and activities, visit www.ncdot.gov.
- U.S. 701 from Keen Road to Peach Orchard Road.