- N.C. Department of Transportation
Secretary Gene Conti has awarded a $2.7 million contract to S.T. Wooten Corp. of Wilson to resurface nearly 25 miles of roadway in Alamance County. As part of the contract, the following roads will be resurfaced:
Work can start as early as April 29, 2013, with final completion set for Oct. 4, 2013.This is one of 22 contracts totaling $67.1 million awarded by Conti in November for highway and bridge projects across North Carolina. NCDOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The bids received on the projects awarded came in about 6.2 percent, or $4.5 million, below NCDOT estimates. Since Gov. Bev Perdue took office in January of 2009, NCDOT has awarded 749 highway contracts totaling $5.1 billion to ensure that all North Carolinians have access to jobs and educational opportunities. Gov. Perdue continues to support immediate jobs in the construction sector and the goal of ensuring that our transportation network facilitates access to jobs, education and healthcare for the future.
- A 10.5-mile section of N.C. 62 from Caswell County line to just north of Union Ridge Road/Carolina Road;
- A 0.4-mile section of N.C. 49/Roxboro Street from U.S. 70 to just south of North Wilkins Road;
- A 0.6-mile section of N.C. 62/Alamance Road from just south of Hatchery Lane to just south of Mebane Street;
- A 1-mile section of Gibsonville Ossipee Road from north of Manning Avenue to north of Amick Road;
- A 4.3-mile section of Durham Street Extension from N.C. 87 to Elmira Street/Burch Bridge Road;
- A 1.6-mile section of McCray Road from Union Ridge Road to N.C. 62
- A 0.9-mile section of Old N.C. 49 (State Road 2029) from N.C. 62/Old N.C. 49 (State Road 2030) to N.C. 49 (see attached map);
- A 0.2-mile section of Old N.C. 49 (State Road 2030) from N.C. 62/Old N.C. 49 (State Road 2029) to N.C. 49 (see attached map);
- A 5.5-mile section of Boywood Road/Preacher Holmes Road from the end of the concrete island at Swepsonville Road to N.C. 87; and
- A 0.8-mile section of Boy Woods Road from N.C. 87 to Preacher Holmes Road.