- N.C. Department of Transportation
Secretary Gene Conti has awarded two contracts totaling $3.3 million to resurface 15 miles of roadway in Guilford County. A $2.3 million contract was awarded to the Thompson-Arthur Division of APAC-Atlantic Inc. of Greensboro to resurface a 3.8-mile section of U.S. 70/Wendover Avenue from Lindsay Street to the pavement joint just east of Burlington Road in Greensboro. The contract also includes resurfacing of the following:
Work can begin as early as June 25 and is scheduled to be completed by Nov. 25.In addition, a $1 million contract was awarded to the Thompson-Arthur Division of APAC-Atlantic Inc. of Greensboro to resurface 10 miles of secondary roads in Guilford County. Work can begin as early as June 25 and is scheduled to be completed by Nov. 16.The following roadways will be resurfaced as part of this contract:
- The U.S. 70/Wendover Avenue off-ramps to Huffine Mill Road;
- The on-ramps from Huffine Mill Road to U.S. 70/Wendover Avenue;
- The on-ramp from Burlington Road to eastbound U.S. 70/Wendover Avenue; and
- A 1.1-mile section of Lee Street from east of Silver Street to Murrow Boulevard/South Pearson Street.
These are two of 30 contracts totaling $109.3 million awarded by Conti for highway and bridge projects across North Carolina. NCDOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The bids received on the projects awarded came in about 3.9 percent, or $4.4 million, below NCDOT estimates. Since Gov. Bev Perdue took office in January of 2009, NCDOT has awarded 631 highway contracts totaling $4.3 billion to ensure that all North Carolinians have access to jobs and educational opportunities.Gov. Bev Perdue's proposed budget continues to support enhancing or expanding our transportation infrastructure. In doing so, Gov. Perdue continues to support immediate jobs in the construction sector and the goal of ensuring that our transportation network facilitates access to jobs, education and healthcare for the future.
- A 1.9-mile section of Millstream Road from AT&T Drive to Rock Creek Dairy Road;
- A 3.5-mile section of Rock Creek Dairy Road from Mt. Hope Church Road to McConnell Road; and
- A 4.6-mile section of Thacker Dairy Road from Millpoint Road to Old Julian Road.