- The N.C. Department of Transportation
has awarded a contract to resurface 12 miles of roadway in Guilford County. The $4.8 million contract was awarded to Blythe Construction Inc. of Charlotte. Work can begin as early as April 30, and is scheduled to be completed by Oct. 12.The following roadways will be resurfaced:
Resurfacing these sections of roadway will extend the lifespan of the pavement, improve safety and provide a smoother ride for motorists.This is one of 30 contracts totaling $82.6 million awarded by Conti for highway and bridge projects across North Carolina. NCDOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The bids received on the projects awarded came in about 8 percent, or about $7.2 million, below NCDOT estimates. Since Gov. Bev Perdue took office in January of 2009, NCDOT has awarded 471 highway contracts totaling $3.6 billion to ensure that all North Carolinians have access to jobs and educational opportunities.For more information about funding for infrastructure improvements in North Carolina, as well as other NCDOT projects and activities, visit www.ncdot.gov.
- 5 miles of U.S. 29/U.S. 70/I-85 Business from just north of Kivett Drive to I-85, including the Guilford College Road on- and off-ramps, the I-85 South on-ramp and the I-85 North off-ramp;
- 2.3 miles of Westchester Drive from Main Street to Chestnut Street;
- 1.4 miles of Eastchester Drive from Main Street to Centennial Street;
- 2.6 miles of N.C. 68 from Penny Road to Americhase Drive/Millwood School Road; and
- .8 miles of North Main Street from Main Street to the Forsyth County line.