One of two contracts covering 28 miles of primary, secondary roads
CHARLOTTE -The N.C. Department of Transportation will begin one of two resurfacing contracts in Mecklenburg County at 8 p.m. Sunday, July 8, weather permitting.
Two contracts totaling $12 million were awarded in April for milling, resurfacing and shoulder reconstruction of approximately 47 miles of primary and secondary roads in Mecklenburg County. The first contract, awarded to Blythe Brothers Asphalt Co. of Charlotte for $6 million, will include the following roads:
- 4.8 miles of Davidson-Concord Road (N.C. 73) from the Cabarrus County line to Old Statesville Road (N.C. 115);
- 1.3 miles of Statesville Road (U.S. 21) from north of Metromont Industrial Parkway to Lakeview Road;
- 0.5 miles of Gilead Road from Main Street to Hill Street in Huntersville;
- 1.3 miles of Holbrooks Road from Old Statesville Road to the end of state maintenance;
- 2.8 miles of Hambright Road from McCoy Road to east of Statesville Road;
- 5.5 miles of Beatties Ford Road from N.C. 73 to McCoy Road;
- 1.8 miles of David Cox Road from Sugar Creek Road to N.C. 115;
- 2.2 miles of Reames Road from north of Sunset Road to Bayview Parkway;
- 2.9 miles of Sunset Road from Oakdale Road to Beatties Ford Road;
- 1.2 miles of Mineral Springs Road from Sugar Creek Road to Equipment Drive;
- 1.2 miles of Equipment Drive from Mineral Springs Road to Sugar Creek Road;
- 2.2 miles of The Plaza from Milton Road to Sugar Creek Road.
The scheduled completion for this contract is June 30, 2013. The contractor is permitted to work on some roads from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., or from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday through Friday. Weekend work may also be possible.
NCDOT reminds motorists to stay alert and obey the posted speed limit.
Updated travel information is available by calling 511 or online at https://www.ncdot.gov/travel. Access updates and travel information directly from your smartphone with NCDOT Mobile, a phone friendly version of the NCDOT website found at m.ncdot.gov.
For more information, please contact the resident engineer at (704) 847-5006.