Project includes sections of U.S. 601, N.C. 73, and N.C. 3
CHARLOTTE -The N.C. Department of Transportation will begin resurfacing work on 38 miles of primary and secondary roads in Cabarrus County beginning Monday, July 2, weather permitting.
Blythe Construction Inc. was awarded the $6.3 million contract to make improvements on the following roads:
- 2.2 miles of U.S. 601 from north of N.C. 3 to Old Charlotte Road, and 4.4 miles from Carriker Road to Cold Springs Road;
- 2.7 miles of N.C. 73 from Laforest Lane to Trinity Church Road;
- 5 miles of N.C. 3 from Kannapolis Parkway to Odell School Road;
- 1.4 miles of Cabarrus Avenue from N.C. 3 to Powder Street;
- 1.7 miles of Pitts School Road from Weddington Road to U.S. 29, and 2.5 miles from Hedgemore Court to Roberta Road;
- 2.7 miles of Saint Stephens Church Road from the Rowan County line to Lentz Harness Shop Road;
- 1.2 miles of Rainbow Drive from north of N.C. 3 to the Rowan County line;
- 0.8 miles of Rankin Road from N.C. 3 to Drakestone Drive;
- 0.5 miles of Trinity Church Road from Orphanage Road to Kannapolis Parkway, and 1.6 miles from Kannapolis Parkway to Drakestone Drive;
- 1.9 miles of Cabarrus Station Road from the Mecklenburg County line to Bethel Avenue Extension;
- 2.5 miles of Klutz Road from Mount Pleasant Road to Rimer Road;
- 0.4 miles of Morrison Road from Flowes Store Road to east of Pioneer Mill Road, and 1.5 miles from east of Pioneer Mill Road to Lower Rocky River Road;
- 1.2 miles of Pine Bluff Road from N.C. 24/27 to the Stanly County line;
- 3 miles of Penninger Road from both intersections with Old Salisbury-Concord Road;
- 0.5 miles of Cox Mill Road from Heritage Farm Avenue to the pavement joint at the Cox Mill Elementary/High School complex, and 0.7 miles continuing to Poplar Tent Road.
The contract permits lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday near schools on Pitts School Road and Cox Mill Road.
The completion date for the project is June 30, 2013.
For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit www.ncdot.gov/travel or follow NCDOT on Twitter at www.ncdot.gov/travel/twitter. Another option is NCDOT Mobile, a phone-friendly version of the NCDOT website. To access it, type "m.ncdot.gov" into the browser of your smartphone. Then, bookmark it to save for future reference. NCDOT Mobile is compatible with the iPhone, Android and some newer Blackberry phones.
For more information, contact the resident engineer at (704) 455-2958.