-The N.C. Department of Transportation
is proud to announce the winners of the "Division 4 Equipment Roadeo" held in Goldsboro May 20-21 at the Wayne County Maintenance Yard. The annual event tests the safety awareness and skill level of NCDOT maintenance employees in Edgecombe, Halifax, Johnston, Nash, Wayne and Wilson counties who operate trucks and heavy equipment. This year, there were a total of 104 employees competing in six events in the Division 4 event. Participants engaged in friendly competition with their co-workers to determine who can best maneuver a dump truck, tractor, backhoe or motor grader through obstacle courses that model real-life scenarios. The winner in each category will move on to compete in the statewide "Roadeo" in Raleigh July 23 at the N.C. State Fairgrounds.The winners are:
The overall goals of the "Roadeo" include helping NCDOT workers advance their skills, emphasizing the importance of safety when operating heavy equipment, fostering a sense of team spirit and recognizing employees who excel at their jobs.
- Gregory Taborn -Nash County Bridge Department -Single Axle Truck;
- Lane Proctor -Wilson County Maintenance -Tandem Axle Truck;
- Stephen Lee -Johnston County Maintenance -Lowboy Truck;
- Clifton Jenkins -Wilson County Maintenance -Backhoe;
- Walt Elliott -Wilson County Maintenance -Tractor & Bush Hog; and
- Daniel Tucker -Nash County Maintenance -Motor Grader.