-The N.C. Department of Transportation
is proud to announce the winners of the "Division 7 Equipment Roadeo" held on June 9-11 at the Fire Training Center in Burlington. The annual event tests the safety awareness and skill level of NCDOT maintenance employees in Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Orange and Rockingham counties who operate trucks and heavy equipment. Participants engaged in friendly competition with their co-workers to determine who can best maneuver a dump truck, tractor, backhoe or motor grader through obstacle courses that model real-life scenarios. The winner in each category will move on to compete in the statewide "Roadeo" in Raleigh July 23 at the N.C. State Fairgrounds.The winners are:
In addition, Casey Cain was honored for having the perfect score of 50 on the pre-trip inspection during the tandem axle truck, lowboy truck and single axle truck events. The overall goals of the "Roadeo" include helping NCDOT workers advance their skills, emphasizing the importance of safety when operating heavy equipment, fostering a sense of team spirit and recognizing employees who excel at their jobs.
- Jeff Brown -Alamance Bridge Department -Tandem Axle Truck;
- Keith Gammon -Wentworth Maintenance -Lowboy Truck;
- Logan Gibson -Wentworth Maintenance -Single Axle Truck;
- Andy Lovings Wentworth Roadside Maintenance -Tractor Mower;
- Mark Farrell -Orange County Maintenance -Motor Grader; and
- Travis Price -Wentworth Maintenance -Backhoe.