- A contract awarded by the N.C. Department of Transportation
will mean improvements for 15 miles over 10 Richmond County roads. The $1.6 million contract was awarded Hudson Paving, Inc. of Rockingham to resurface the roads in the southern part of the county.The work for this contract can start as early as August 25, with all roads completed by the end of June 2015. Among the roads set to be resurfaced are:
This is one of the 11 road and bridge contracts worth $43.4 million recently awarded by NCDOT for projects across North Carolina. The contracts were awarded to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The low bids received on the projects were 2.8 percent, or about $1.2 million, over NCDOT estimates.For more information about funding for infrastructure improvements in North Carolina, as well as other NCDOT projects and activities, visit www.ncdot.gov.
- 7.7 miles of U.S. 74 Bypass between the Scotland County line and N.C. 38;
- 1.3 miles of U.S. 1 between Fox Road and the three lane section of U.S. 1 south of the racetrack;
- 0.4 miles of Green Street from U.S. 1 to the pavement change;
- 3.8 miles of Green Lake Road from Ledbetter Road to Haywood Parker Road;
- 0.6 miles of Lakeshore Drive from Richmond Road Extension to the end of maintenance;
- 0.5 miles of Lake Point Drive from Lakeshore Drive to the end of maintenance;
- 0.4 miles of Ledbetter Road from Richmond Road Extension to Green Lake Road;
- 0.3 miles of Creek Run Road from Terry Bridge Road to Richmond Road Extension;
- 0.1 miles of Pineview Court from Lakeshore Drive to the dead end; and
- 0.1 miles of Payton Court from Lake Point Drive to the cul-de-sac.