- A contract awarded by the N.C. Department of Transportation will mean improvements for 15 miles over seven Granville County roads. The $2.7 million contract was awarded to Carolina Sunrock, LLC of Raleigh to resurface roads in the southern part of the county. The work for this contract can start as early as June 30, with the completion date in late November. Among the roads set to be resurfaced are:
Because these roads are used regularly by commuters, work on these sections will be done at night, with no lane closures or restrictions allowed during high traffic times. Work on 29th Street will occur between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m., Monday through Friday, with no work occurring on the weekend. No work on the other routes will be allowed from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.This was one of 29 contracts totaling $107.5 million awarded by NCDOT in for highway and bridge projects across North Carolina. NCDOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The bids received on the projects awarded came in about 9.1 percent, or $10.7 million, below NCDOT estimates.For more information about funding for infrastructure improvements in North Carolina, as well as other NCDOT projects and activities, visit www.ncdot.gov.
- 0.8 miles of Linden Avenue between 3rd Street and W. Antioch Drive;
- 4.3 miles of Linden Avenue between W. Antioch Drive and Belton Creek Baptist Church;
- 1.8 miles of W. Antioch Drive between Linden Avenue and Antioch Road;
- 1.7 miles of Sam Moss Hayes Road between U.S. 15 and Moss Hayes Road;
- 4.2 miles of Sam Moss Hayes Road between Moss Hayes Road and Tar River Road;
- 1.9 miles of D Street between 29th Street and 12th Street; and
- 0.5 miles of 29th Street between E. C Street and the end of maintenance.