- A contract awarded by the N.C. Department of Transportation
will mean improvements for 22 miles over two Montgomery County and eight Moore County roads. The $3 million contract was awarded to Riley Paving Inc. of Carthage to resurface the roads in both counties.The work for this contract can start as early as August 25, with all roads completed by the end of June 2015.As part of the contract, crews will resurface the following roads in Montgomery County:
Crews will resurface the following roads in Moore County:
- 2.1 miles of N.C. 211 from the Moore county line to U.S. 220 Alternate; and
- 3.5 miles of Warner/Vestal Road from N.C. 24 to Mount Caramel Church Road.
This is one of the 11 road and bridge contracts worth $43.4 million recently awarded by NCDOT for projects across North Carolina. The contracts were awarded to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The low bids received on the projects were 2.8 percent, or about $1.2 million, over NCDOT estimates.For more information about funding for infrastructure improvements in North Carolina, as well as other NCDOT projects and activities, visit www.ncdot.gov.
- 4.8 miles of U.S. 1 from north of the Pinebluff city limit to north of the bridge and
- 3.2 miles of Carthage Road from N.C. 73 to McKenzies Mill Road;
- 2.3 miles of Cranes Creek Road from N.C. 24/27 to the bridge over Little Canes Creek.
- 2 miles of Haw Branch Road between the Chatham County line and the railroad tracks;
- 1.9 miles of Connecticut Avenue from Bathesda Road to North Fort Bragg Road;
- 1.6 miles of McLaughlin Road from N.C. 690 to Murdock C. Road;
- 0.7 miles of Ivan Road from Jackson Springs Road to the junction at Hurley Road; and
- 0.6 miles of Mount Zion Church Road from Adams Road to Upper Road.