- A contract was awarded by the N.C. Department of Transportation
to pave a section of the Fayetteville Outer Loop from the All American Freeway and U.S. 401 (Ramsey Street). The $32 million contract was awarded to Barnhill Contracting Co. of Tarboro. Work for this contract can start as early as July 28, with the project completed and opened in August 2016. A vegetation establishment period will end by January 2017. Because the Fayetteville Outer Loop intersects with existing busy commuter and commercial routes, roads will not be closed or lanes narrowed during these times for the following roads:
This was one of 18 road and bridge contracts worth $248.1 million recently awarded by NCDOT for projects across North Carolina. NCDOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The bids received on the projects awarded came in about three percent, or $8.3 million, below NCDOT estimates.For more information about funding for infrastructure improvements in North Carolina, as well as other NCDOT projects and activities, visit www.ncdot.gov.
- All American Freeway: Monday-Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., and 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.;
- Bragg Boulevard: Sunday-Saturday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
- Murchison Road Northbound: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.;
- Murchison Road Southbound: Monday-Friday, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.;
- Ramsey Street: Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
- I-295 West: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.; and
- Any road for the purpose of overhead sign and structure installation: Sunday-Saturday, 5 a.m. to midnight.