Raleigh -The Raeford Driver License Office, located at 3144 U.S. Highway 401 Business, will be temporarily closed for equipment installation on Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016. It is scheduled to re-open on Wednesday, Jan. 6, at 8 a.m.
Other offices located in the region will provide service during the closure:
- Fayetteville South -2439 Gillespie St., (910) 944-7555
- Fayetteville West -831 Elm St., Eutaw Village Shopping Center, (910) 484-6249
- Aberdeen -521 S. Sandhills Blvd., (910) 296-0234
- Laurinburg -1421 West Blvd., (910) 277-2430
- Hamlet -200 Richmond Technical Institute Road, (910) 582-7032
- Lumberton -4650 Kahn Drive, (910) 618-5551
Equipment installations are being phased in at driver license offices around the state. NCDMV is putting in new cameras, printers, flatbed scanners and customer-facing monitors at each driver license examiner's desk to support new programming for Next Generation driver license and ID card applications. The new equipment also includes the installation of credit and debit card machines at each desk.
Customers are reminded to call the office at (910) 875-2442 to confirm appointments and operating hours.