Raleigh -The Sanford Driver License Office, located at 2210 Carthage St., will be temporarily closed for equipment installation on Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016. It is scheduled to re-open on Wednesday, Jan. 6, at 8 a.m.
Other offices located in the region will provide service during the closure:
- Lillington -1005 Edwards Dr., (910) 893-8939
- Erwin -125 W. Jackson Blvd., (910) 892-1456
- Siler City -U.S. Hwy. 421 S./64 W., North 2nd Ave. Ext., (919) 663-2601
- Aberdeen -521 S. Sandhills Blvd., (910) 944-7555
- Fuquay-Varina -131 S. Fuquay Ave., (919) 552-1895
Equipment installations are being phased in at driver license offices around the state. NCDMV is putting in new cameras, printers, flatbed scanners and customer-facing monitors at each driver license examiner's desk to support new programming for Next Generation driver license and ID card applications. The new equipment also includes the installation of credit and debit card machines at each desk.
Customers are reminded to call the office at (919) 776-1113 to confirm appointments and operating hours.