- The N.C. Department of Transportation will hold a public hearing regarding the proposed project to extend Rea Road from N.C. 16 (Providence Road) east to Weddington Road (N.C. 84) on new location, and then widen existing N.C. 84 to Waxhaw-Indian Trail Road (S.R. 1008) in Wesley Chapel. The project is about 4.3 miles long.
The hearing will take place on Tuesday, January 26 at Graceway Baptist Church, located at 4700 Monroe-Weddington Road in Matthews, beginning with an open house from 4-6:30 p.m., followed by a brief formal presentation at 7 p.m.
The primary purpose of the project is to improve the mobility and connectivity of N.C. 84 in the project study area.
Interested citizens may attend at any time during the above hours. NCDOT representatives will be available at the open-house to answer questions and receive comments regarding the project. Written comments can be submitted either at the meeting or later by mail or email through Friday, Feb.26.
The formal presentation will include an explanation of the location and design of the proposed alternatives, land acquisition and relocation requirements, and project procedures. The presentation and the comments will be recorded. All citizens comments received will be included in the alternative selection process.
Maps displaying the proposed alternatives and the Environmental Assessment (EA) document will be available for public review at the following locations:
- Village of Wesley Chapel, 6490 Weddington Road, Wesley Chapel;
- Town of Weddington, 1924 Weddington Road, Weddington;
- Union County, 500 North Main Street, Monroe; and
- NCDOT Highway Division 10, District 3, 130 S. Sutherland Avenue, Monroe
The maps and document can also be found online here.
For additional information, contact Anamika Laad,NCDOT 1598 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, 27699-1598, by email at email@example.com, by phone at (919) 707-6072, or by fax at (919) 212-5785.
NCDOT will provide auxiliary aids and services under the Americans with Disabilities Act for disabled persons who wish to participate in this hearing. Anyone requiring special services should contact Laad as early as possible so that arrangements can be made.
Persons who speak Spanish and do not speak English, or have a limited ability to read, speak or understand English, may receive interpretive services upon request prior to the hearing by calling 1-800-481-6494.
Aquellas personas que hablan espaol y no hablan ingls, o tienen limitaciones para leer, hablar o entender ingls, podran recibir servicios de interpretacin si los solicitan antes de la reunin llamando al 1-800-481-6494
For real-time travel information, call 511, visit the Traveler Services section of NCDOT.gov or follow NCDOT on Twitter.