This project is no longer active, and this page is no longer being updated.
Please contact NCDOT for more information.
This project involves constructing a new highway bridge carrying Turner Road over the North Carolina Railroad (NCRR) tracks in Davidson County. The new bridge will reduce the risk of automobile/train collisions, improve safety for automobile and rail passengers, and reduce automobile and train traffic congestion.
This project is part of a series of improvements to the railroad between Thomasville and Lexington. This section of the NCRR is part of the busiest railroad corridor in North Carolina.
The project is among improvements to the NCRR corridor between Raleigh and Charlotte in order to increase railroad capacity, efficiency, and safety.
News and Updates
- The project is complete and the roadway and new bridge are in service.
- Currently, no recent news releases.
- Replace the at-grade railroad crossing at Turner Road with a bridge carrying Turner Road over the NCRR tracks and Hamby Creek.
- Eliminate train horn noise.
Dale L. Swicegood, PE
- Email: Contact Us
- Phone: (336) 249-6255
- Address: 452 Central Avenue, Lexington, NC 27292
Resources for Local Property Owners
In many cases, it is inevitable that a certain amount of private property must be acquired. The displacement of homes and businesses is minimized to the extent practicable. The following brochures will answer questions about this process.