Stay connected with the N.C. Department of Transportation on Twitter for all the latest news and travel information, including up-to-the minute details on congestion, wrecks, road/lane closures, construction projects and maintenance update. (View NCDOT's social media privacy statement.)
NCDOT maintains more than a dozen Twitter feeds:
- Follow @NCDOT for general news and travel information across the state.
- Follow @ncdot_ferry for alerts about the state's ferry system, including schedule changes, weather-related delays and ticket sales.
- Follow @NC_By_Train for details on passenger rail schedule changes and delays for the Piedmont and Carolinian trains, as well as rail-related projects, promotions and events.
- Follow @FortifyNC for the latest road conditions and updates on NCDOT's efforts to rebuild crumbling pavement on an 11.5-mile stretch of highway south of Raleigh in Wake County.
- Follow @NCAviation for news and information on drones and other aviation-related topics.
Updates by Interstate
Updates by Region
You can also choose your county to see the Twitter account that applies to you.
Traffic Updates Via RSS
NCDOT also offers traffic updates via RSS feeds, directly from the Traveler Information Management System (TIMS).