The N.C. Turnpike Authority was created in 2002 by the General Assembly in response to concerns about rapid growth, heavy congestion and dwindling resources.
The Turnpike Authority is authorized to study, plan, develop, construct, operate and maintain projects. (View current Turnpike Authority projects.)
The mission of the Turnpike Authority is to supplement the traditional non-toll transportation system serving the citizens of North Carolina by accelerating the delivery of roadway projects using alternative financing options and facilitating the development, delivery and operation of an integrated, creative system of toll roads.
Board of Directors
The N.C. Turnpike Authority is governed by a nine-member board of directors. Four members are appointed by the Governor; two members are appointed by the President Pro-Tem of the Senate; and two by the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
- James H. Trogdon III, Chairman
- Perry R. Safran, Vice Chair
- Robert D. Teer, Jr. , Sec.-Treasurer
- Scott Aman
- John Collett
- Jim Crawford
- Montell W. Irvin
- Charles L. Travis, III
- James "Jim" Walker
Board of Directors Meeting Calendar
|All meetings will be held at:
||NCDOT Highway Building
6th Floor – Room 608
1 S. Wilmington St.
Raleigh, NC 2760
|Thursday, Nov. 2, 2017
- For Triangle Expressway toll-related questions or the NC Quick Pass customer service center, call 1-877-7MY-PASS (1-877-769-7277) or send a message.
- For general information or project-specific inquiries, call (919) 707-2700, fax to (919) 715-5511, or send a message.
- For media inquiries, call the North Carolina Department of Transportation Communications Office at (919) 707-2660.
North Carolina Turnpike Authority
1578 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1578