RALEIGH – A survey that launched Oct. 9 is the last chance for the public to comment on draft recommendations that will be used to finalize North Carolina's 30-year transportation plan.
The N.C. Department of Transportation received feedback about the future of transportation over the past two years through three surveys and an interactive map. This input helped develop draft recommendations for NC Moves 2050 – the state's long-range transportation plan.
Residents can participate in the online survey through Nov. 9 and leave comments on these draft recommendations. Examples include:
- Increased safety policies
- Connections to technology-based transportation systems
- More access to transportation jobs
- Increased partnerships with schools and private sector innovators
- Improved bicycle and pedestrian accommodations