RALEIGH – Construction continues on the Complete 540 (Triangle Expressway
Southeast Extension) project. Due to weather, utility contractors have rescheduled
temporary road closures on U.S. 401 between Ten Ten Road and Ransdell
Road to now begin Saturday, February 6 from 4 A.M. to 1 P.M. Road closure
and detour signs will be installed. This work is weather dependent and could be
Access to Chandler Ridge Apartments, as well as all other residences along U.S. 401 between Ten Ten Road and Ransdell Road, will be maintained throughout the scheduled nightly closures.
The detour routes will be as follows:
U.S. 401 Southbound
- U.S. 401 South to Ten Ten Road (Turn right on Ten Ten Road)
- Ten Ten Road to Lake Wheeler Road (Turn left on Lake Wheeler Road)
- Lake Wheeler Road to Donny Brook Road (Turn Left on Donny Brook Road)
- Donny Brook Road to Ransdell Road (Turn right on Ransdell Road)
- Ransdell Road to U.S. 401 South (Turn right on US 401 South)
U.S. 401 Northbound
- U.S. 401 North to Ransdell Road (Turn left on Randell Road)
- Ransdell Road to Donny Brook Road (Turn left on Donny Brook Road)
- Donny Brook Road to Lake Wheeler Road (Turn right on Lake Wheeler Road)
- Lake Wheeler Road to Ten Ten Road (Turn right on Ten Ten Road)
- Ten Ten Road to U.S. 401 North (Turn left on US 401 North)
Drivers should use caution and slow down while traveling through the work zones and detour routes.
Construction updates for the Complete 540 project can be found by visiting ncdot.gov/projects/complete-540/Pages/planned-construction-activities.aspx. If you have any questions, please contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-554-7849.
For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on social media.