CHARLOTTE – Tonight, N.C. Department of Transportation contract crews will continue a $26 million project to improve bridges along 1.3 miles of Interstate 277 between Tenth Street and I-77.
Drivers should stay alert for double lane closures within the project limits from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. each night through Saturday morning, April 23. Several ramps will also close on various nights in the same time frame:
- From the inner loop to Graham, Church, and College streets
- Entrance ramps from Caldwell, Graham, and Tenth streets to the outer loop
The project consists of rehabilitation work like deck repairs, substructure improvements, and painting the following bridges:
- On I-277/U.S. 74 over I-77
- On East Twelfth Street over North Tryon Street
- On I-277/N.C. 16 over the following roads:
- Charlotte Area Transit Light Rail
- North College Street
- North Tryon Street
- North Church Street
- U.S. 29/N.C. 49 (Graham Street),
- N.C. Factory Music Boulevard and
- Johnson Street, including the CSX and Norfolk Southern Railroads
Weather conditions may impact the closure schedule. Detour information will be online at DriveNC.gov under Mecklenburg County.
For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on social media.