CONCORD – A $5.5 million contract awarded by the N.C. Department of Transportation will bring improvements to more than 20 miles of Cabarrus County roads, including 39 segments of secondary roads.
The contract calls for milling, resurfacing and shoulder reconstruction work to improve rideability and additional structural integrity to the road pavement.
Some roads to be addressed under the contract include:
- N.C. 3/Concord Lake Road between Doncastle Court and Roxie Street in Concord
- Zion Church Road between Flowes Store Road and Zion Church Road East, and between Webb Road and N.C. 49 in Concord
- Hickory Ridge Road between Rocky River and Stallings Roads in Harrisburg
- Rocky River Road between Stafford and Hickory Ridge Roads in Harrisburg
- China Grove Road between Brantley Road and Cedar Hill Drive, and between Lane Street and the Rowan County line in Kannapolis
The contractor, NJR Group, Inc. of Albemarle, can start work in late March 2022 with completion scheduled for September 2023.