– Starting tonight, an N.C. Department of Transportation contractor will close lanes of Interstate 40 in Forsyth County to remove and replace deteriorating concrete pavement slabs, weather permitting.
The following lane closures are scheduled to take place from 8 p.m. tonight to 8 p.m. Saturday:
- The two right lanes of I-40 East will be closed from east of Hanes Mall Boulevard to west of Peters Creek Parkway.
- The left lane of I-40 East from east of the Highway 311/I-74 interchange to High Point Road will be closed.
- The left lane of I-40 East will be closed from west of N.C. 66 to east of N.C. 66.
- The two right lanes of I-40 West will be closed from U.S. 52 to west of Peters Creek Parkway. When concrete placement operations in the right lane are completed the center lane will be re-opened to traffic but the right lane will remain closed until the concrete obtains the desired strength.
Beginning at 10 p.m. tonight, the U.S. 52 North ramp to I-40 West (Exit 107B) will be closed with a signed detour following U.S. 421 North, Peters Creek Parkway and returning back to I-40 West. The ramp closure will assist with eliminating congestion near the U.S. 52/I-40 West interchange while the closure between U.S. 52 and Peters Creek Parkway is in effect. The ramp is also expected reopen by 8 p.m. Saturday.
Motorists are advised to use U.S. 421/Salem Parkway to avoid delays.
Drivers are reminded to use extra caution and slow down while traveling through the work zones.