CHARLOTTE – Starting tonight, N.C. Department of Transportation contract crews will continue a project on the John Belk Freeway end of Interstate 277 to install pavement markings and markers.
Starting tonight at 9, crews will close the left lane on the outer loop between I-77 and U.S. 74. The lane will open by 6 a.m. Wednesday.
The following ramps will close from 9 p.m. Wednesday until 6 a.m. Thursday:
- Entrance ramps to the outer loop from South Boulevard, Stonewall, and East Fourth Streets
- Entrance ramp from Fifth Street to U.S. 74 East
Exit ramps from the outer loop to U.S. 74 East and Kenilworth Avenue
On the Brookshire end of I-277, bridge rehabilitation work continues, requiring several ramp and lane closures from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. each night through Saturday morning:
- Tonight, two left lanes will close on the inner loop, in addition to the ramp from the I-77 express lanes to the inner loop, and from I-77 North to I-277 Inner.
- Wednesday and Thursday nights, two right lanes will close on the inner loop, as well as ramps from the I-77 express lanes and I-77 North to the inner loop, and exit ramps from the inner loop to Graham, Church, and College streets.
- Friday night, crews will close the entrance ramp from Caldwell Street to the outer loop, and the exit ramp from Twelfth Street to the outer loop. Two right lanes will also be closed on the outer loop during this time.
All closures are weather dependent and subject to change.
Drivers need to slow down and use extra caution while going through the work zones. They also need to pay extra attention to the road for their own safety, as well as any passengers, occupants of other vehicles and the construction crews in the area.
For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on social media.