CHARLOTTE – Starting tonight, N.C. Department of Transportation contract crews will continue a bridge rehabilitation project on the Brookshire Freeway end of Interstate 277, requiring overnight ramp and lane closures this week.
The following ramps will close from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. each night through Saturday morning:
- Tonight – entrance ramps from U.S. 74 West and North Caldwell Street to the outer loop, and the exit ramp from the outer loop to Church Street
- Tuesday – entrance ramps from Graham and West Twelfth Streets to the outer loop
- Wednesday – entrance ramps from I-77 North and I-77 express lanes to the inner loop
- Thursday – entrance ramp from I-77 express lanes to the inner loop
- Friday – entrance ramp from I-77 North and I-77 express lanes to the inner loop and exit ramps from Church and Graham Streets to the inner loop.
Intermittent lane closures will also be scheduled on both sides of I-277 during the ramp closures.
All closures are weather dependent and subject to change.
Drivers need to slow down and use extra caution while going throught the work zones. They also need to pay extra attention to the road for their own safety, as well as any passengers, occupants of other vehicles and the construction crews in the area.