WINSTON-SALEM – Several lane and ramp closures are planned for tonight as part of the ongoing project to improve the pavement and bridges along Interstate 40 in Forsyth County.
The following lane closures are scheduled from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m.:
- Two of three lanes of I-40 East from Hanes Mall Boulevard to west of U.S. 52
- Two of three lanes of I-40 West from Stratford Road to the U.S. 421/I-40 split
- One of two lanes of I-40 West from east of N.C. 66 to Union Cross Road
A pair of ramp closures are scheduled to be installed between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.:
- The ramp from N.C. 66 to I-40 West: Drivers can use Old Salem or Shields roads to get to Union Cross Road to access I-40 West.
- The ramp from I-40 West to Union Cross Road: Drivers should continue on I-40 West and take I-74 East to access Union Cross Road.
Drivers should plan ahead for these detours and be mindful of crews working alongside traffic in these areas.